The 29th Issue
A DEVIATION FROM REGULAR PROGRAMMING 🙂
Because I want to acknowledge that this is the last weekend of June.
We’re about to conclude the first half of the year… though it certainly feels like a whole lot more than just six months, doesn’t it?
2020 will go down in history as the year of the pandemic. Of massive disruption in all corners of the world and in all manners of industry. Of economic crisis. Of societal awakening to injustice at a scale that can no longer be ignored. Of lasting change that makes a difference (we hope).
The year of social distancing. Of sheltering at home. Of mask-wearing. And of loud protestations of the people against all these.
It is the year the word ‘acceleration’ had its moment. Accelerated trends. Accelerated implementation of things long-discussed and mulled over. Accelerated innovation and deployment of new technologies.
2020 is not the year we rang in back in December 31, 2019.
But it is the year that’s showing us where we are weak and where we are resilient.
Where we have gaps and where we have strength.
Where we have to let go and where we have opportunities.
It’s important to remember we’re all active participants in this great play.
For years on, we will remember how we acted or reacted in 2020.
What we stood for. What we stood behind. Where we led and where we followed.
We will remember the stories … all the stories… the funny, the bizarre, the WTF moments, the inconceivable, the days when we were all deers caught in the headlights.
And for sure, we will remember the moments of pride… when we showed up exactly the way we want to show up… and did the things we know in our hearts we want to do.
The year ain’t over. And your guess is as good as mine in terms of what the second half has in store for us.
I’d wager a bet that no matter what happens, July-December will be as unique and unprecedented as Jan-June.
And we have front row seats to the great unfolding of our new future.
You ready for this?
I am. And I know, you are too.
Hit ‘reply’ and tell me, what are you most looking forward to in the second half of the year?
QUICKLY (BECAUSE THIS IS STILL BRIEFING NOTES)… 🙂
- 14-year old earns her master’s degree. Because we’re never too old or too young to do what we say we want to do. Also #kickinthepants
- Why success comes to those who stop chasing it. Forget the noun. Do the verb instead.
- Stop avoiding backup. “I bet that if you walk up to someone and start talking about either dying or data loss, the reaction will be virtually the same: fear, equivocation, avoidance.”
- Audio: How to Accomplish More in 12 Weeks Than Most Do in 12 Months | Entrepreneurs on Fire. Because mid-year planning.
- Video: The Giant Tap Dancing Noses | The Royal Opera. Because why the heck not.