A career setback can have long-lasting impact if you don’t take action that’s “right by you”. Here are two key things to keep in mind when planning your next move.
Highlights of Episode 65
- What is a career setback?
- Examples and impact of career setbacks
- Two things to keep in mind when planning for your next steps
- How to start from a place of strength when your confidence level is low
- Approaching the setback from a place of curiousity
• • •
Career setbacks come in different shapes and forms. The Cambridge Dictionary defines a setback as anything that happens that delays or stops progress.
You don’t have to be fired or laid off to experience a setback. And in this episode, I talk about the different actual situations that happen across organizations today that can lead to the same ‘setback result’.
The biggest casualty of a setback is the hit on our self-confidence. And it’s so important to take action so that we can counter-balance this hit. In this episode, I also share two ways to approach your next steps to recover from a setback.
Subscribe to Second Breaks
or search for “second breaks” wherever you listen to podcasts.