Lisa Wood has been an entrepreneur for 20 years. She opted out of the traditional corporate career path in order to gain flexibility in how and where she spent her time.
Her first move was freelance web design projects on the side. This soon paved the way for her own web design/web development company, Sprout Media.
Over the years, Lisa continued to reposition herself and her business in response to what her clients needed, as well as her personal evolution.
In addition to sharing her own career journey in this episode, Lisa also shared her insights around how the small business world has evolved since she first made the leap herself. And because Lisa has been coaching and supporting women entrepreneurs for several years now, we also talked about her thoughts on the unique challenges that face women in business and how we can address those.
It’s always been about relationships. Even more so now. But it really has always been about relationships. —Lisa Wood
Highlights of Episode 23
- Lisa’s evolution from freelance web developer to owner of a web design/development agency and business coach;
- What helps her navigate through the business changes she continues to make;
- How the small business world has changed from when she initially made the jump, what makes it easier to make the leap into entrepreneurship, what makes it harder;
- Networking and building relationships;
- The unique challenges that women in business face;
- Where to start if you’re thinking of freelancing on the side.
Mentioned in this episode
Thank you for listening
Don’t forget to: