Why you want to listen to this episode
Lacy Boggs’ career story is one that demonstrates how we can better direct our careers—even if things aren’t necessarily going our way—when we truly know our skills and strengths.
Lacy is a writer, a blogger, and the owner of Content Direction Agency, a company that helps online business owners with their content strategy and implementation.
What I know about myself now is that I have the capacity to learn and to rise to the occasion, whatever that occasion is. —Lacy Boggs
Lacy’s career took a number of circuitous turns. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not so much. But what you’ll hear in my conversation with her is how she jumped from opportunity to opportunity—often by creating the opportunity herself. And how her keen understanding of her core strength, what she brings to the table, continues to serve as the guiding light to her career moves.
While we talked mainly about her skillset—writing and story-telling—you’ll find parallels in your own situation. And if you focus more on the process or the way she thought around each situation, you will get ideas about how you too can find ways to leverage your strengths.
For me, at least as a small business owner, if somebody can prove to me that they can do it, who cares what the resumé says. —Lacy Boggs
Topics Discussed in Episode 30
- Lacy’s career journey, from the woman who wanted to make it big in the film industry to becoming a business owner
- How she created opportunities for herself by trusting her skills and strengths
- A surprising skill that she discovered while killing time at a job she hated
- The realities of freelance writing
- How the blogging industry looks today
- Two main ways you can earn money through blogging
- Key things to consider if you’re thinking of starting a blog
- The role of content in a business
To learn more about Lacy Boggs and how she supports online business owners, visit her site.
Mentioned in this episode
Resources from Second Breaks
Thank you for listening
Don’t forget to:
- Subscribe to SBP on iTunes or Google Play.
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your rating and review help me reach the people who could benefit the most from this podcast.