The Know-How gap is the easiest of the four root causes to solve, but the trickiest one to detect, perhaps because of its simplicity.
We continue with the How to Get Unstuck miniseries. This is a four-part series of episodes where we focus on how to (as the name suggests) get ourselves unstuck from dead-end careers or jobs we no longer want.
And while some folks may say, “Well, what’s the big deal, just look for another job”, for others—in fact for many others—it’s not quite that simple.
And so, we’re taking some extra time to talk about what’s getting us stuck to begin with, so we know exactly what we need to address.
Last week, we started with the first of those root causes: the lack of doable option. If you missed the previous episode, hop on over here to check it out.
In this episode, we talk about the second root cause, the Know-How Gap—a gap in our knowledge on how to get going with our career goals.
Highlights of Episode 15:
- What is the Know-How Gap
- Why this is a common problem
- Why detecting this issue is tricky
- Questions to ask yourself to determine if the Know-How Gap may be an issue
- How to address the Know-How Gap
- The benefit of planning even when you’re not sure what to do
Mentioned in this episode
Thank you for listening
Don’t forget to:
- Subscribe to SBP on iTunes or Google Play.
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your rating and review help me reach the people who could benefit the most from this podcast.