The problem starts when we limit our available options to a filtered short list of examples. When all the examples sound like same old same old.
This is the first episode in a 4-part miniseries on How to Get Unstuck, where we discuss how to recognize and address the main reasons we get stuck in jobs or careers that no longer work for us.
In this episode, we focus on the first of these root causes: the lack of doable options.
Lack of doable options is a common reason why people don’t do anything even if they’re unhappy where they are. It is prevalent amongst those who have been doing the same job, working for the same company, for a long time.
The best way to combat this issue is to develop a healthy habit of curiosity. Seek out stories about what other people are doing out there. Our world is changing at breakneck speed, and there are far more doable things out there than we might imagine.
Highlights of Episode 14:
- What the miniseries “How to Get Unstuck” is about
- How this series came about
- The first root cause: Lack of Doable Options
- How to recognize this issue; how to detect that this is what’s happening
- What causes this problem; why we might believe there are not enough options for us
- How to address the lack of options problem
Mentioned in this episode
Resources from Second Breaks
Please leave a review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.