Sometimes, the career path we’ve chosen ourselves doesn’t pan out the way we thought it would be.
A Few Takeaways from Episode 82:
- The skills we learned from school or previous jobs will always be useful even if we were to change careers.
- The feeling of jealousy is a signal that we can harness to our advantage (instead of feeling bad about ourselves or others).
- Just because our college education might lead us down one career doesn’t mean we are “stuck” with this path for the rest of our professional life.
- We may not feel 100% confident or have all the skills when we’re starting something new. Surrounding ourselves with the right people could be the difference between making it and quitting.
• • •
Denise Walsh started her professional life as a clinical psychologist. It was the career path she’d chosen for herself. But after working at a local mental health organization for several years, she realized that it wasn’t the path she wanted to be on after all.
In this episode, Denise and I talk about why she left what was a “safe career path” to create a business with her husband.
Denise shares what it was like for her in the beginning and her big Aha moments that helped her build a successful career in direct sales.
Free Workshop: Plan Your Next Career Move
Have you been wanting to make a job or career move but haven’t been able to pull the trigger and make it happen? This workshop is for you!
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 at 12:30 pm Eastern
Mentioned in this episode
- Denise’s podcast Dream Cast
- Denise’s free PDF Dream Life Action Planner
- Compound Effect by Darren Hardy*
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield*
- The Power of I Am by Joel Osteen*
- The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale
Would Love to Hear From You!
🧡 Please leave a rating/review. Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.
💡 Share your thoughts. What did you think about the topic we talked about in this episode? DM me on Instagram and let me know!