Highlights of Episode 52:
- Why Dave Pidgeon left a “family legacy” career
- How a hobby turned into a new professional and career opportunity
- Bringing previous experiences and skills into new roles and jobs
- The best way to network in today’s digitally-connected world
- Why self-awareness becomes even more critical during a career pivot or a career change
- And a bonus: a sneak peek at the book that Dave is writing
• • •
Most of the time, I interview second breakers who are able to look back at a career move that they’ve already undertaken. But how does a career pivot look “in flight”?
In this episode, Dave Pidgeon—dad, writer, columnist, photographer—graciously shares his career journey to give us a behind-the-scenes look at his career pivot in-progress.
I live in a beautiful chaos. To me, I feel like the step that I took back in May, the verdict on that is still out. We don’t know if this has been the best right decision just yet. A lot of that is up to me and what I do. We’re still in the middle of it. —Dave Pidgeon
In addition to sharing the behind-the-scenes of his career change, Dave also shared the story behind the book that he’s currently writing. Which was such a treat for this aspiring writer 🙂
After listening to this episode, you can learn more about Dave Pidgeon here.
FIGURE OUT YOUR NEXT CAREER MOVE
Take the Career Move Profile Quiz and get clear on your next career move. Your report will include your profile characteristics, ideal focus points, and areas to watch out for. Plus a complimentary Career Pivot Guide to help you get started.
Mentioned in this episode
I would sooo appreciate your review on iTunes
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.