Highlights of Episode 52:
- Why Dave Pidgeon left a “family legacy” career
- How a hobby turned into a new professional and career opportunity
- Bringing previous experiences and skills into new roles and jobs
- The best way to network in today’s digitally-connected world
- Why self-awareness becomes even more critical during a career pivot or a career change
- And a bonus: a sneak peek at the book that Dave is writing
• • •
Most of the time, I interview second breakers who are able to look back at a career move that they’ve already undertaken. But how does a career pivot look “in flight”?
In this episode, Dave Pidgeon—dad, writer, columnist, photographer—graciously shares his career journey to give us a behind-the-scenes look at his career pivot in-progress.
I live in a beautiful chaos. To me, I feel like the step that I took back in May, the verdict on that is still out. We don’t know if this has been the best right decision just yet. A lot of that is up to me and what I do. We’re still in the middle of it. —Dave Pidgeon
In addition to sharing the behind-the-scenes of his career change, Dave also shared the story behind the book that he’s currently writing. Which was such a treat for this aspiring writer 🙂
After listening to this episode, you can learn more about Dave Pidgeon here.
Mentioned in this episode
Resources from Second Breaks
I would sooo appreciate your review on iTunes
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.