Is writing and publishing a book a dream of yours?
I know this oh-so-well because this is the dream I am working on! Fifteen books before I kick the bucket. That is the life goal!
So, when I sat down with editor and book coach, Brenda Peregrine, I had a long list of questions to ask for you, my aspiring writer friend. But to be candid, for me too!
In this episode, we talked about:
- How Amazon changed the publishing industry, and what this means for first-time writers
- Traditional publishing versus self-publishing versus hybrid
- Why self-publishing is a “team sport”
- Common misconceptions of first-time writers
- What writers should know about the writing process versus the polishing process
- Writing habits and writing mindset
- The different kinds of editors, when you need whom when
- What to keep in mind when getting writing feedback
My Key Takeaway
The importance of finding your own creative rhythm and process. Just because something is a “best practice” doesn’t mean it’ll work well with you. True for writing and for anything you’re doing for the first time. Don’t feel constrained or pressured by what others are doing. Test things out and adopt the process that works best for you and your situation.
Mentioned in this episode
Resources from Second Breaks
Please leave a review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.