Why you want to listen to this episode
It would be difficult to avoid hearing about it as it’s been in the news a lot lately. News headlines screamed ‘the end of cryptocurrency’ one day, and proclaimed its rebound the next.
Cryptocurrency has captured our attention and will continue to do so, no doubt. It’s making its way beyond the early adopters, and more and more regular folks are looking at it as an investment alternative.
While Bitcoin (and other alt-coins) hogs the limelight, the technology underlying cryptocurrencies—blockchain technology—has wider applications beyond digital cash and has the potential to impact our world (and our work) in the future.
I believe we will continue to hear more about blockchain technology and how various industries are adopting it. For example, the publishing industry is already looking at how it impacts distribution, copyright, and intellectual property rights, among others.
I wanted to explore this timely topic on the podcast and tackle basic, 101-level information as I believe this is something we’ll continue to hear about going forward.
Anja Schuetz, Founder of Conscious Crypto Community, has been coaching women on the basics of cryptocurrency investing.
In this episode, she graciously shares her knowledge around this technology and gives us a crash-course (no pun intended 🤓) on blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
Anja also talks about how she got involved with crypto, why she felt the imperative to look for alternative investment strategies, and how she stays calm during wild valuation swings.
Highlights of Episode 35
- What’s Blockchain Technology, what’s cryptocurrency, and the difference between the two
- Bitcoin, Dash, LiteCoin, Ethereum et al
- Where to buy cryptocurrencies
- Where to use cryptocurrencies
- How to approach investing in cryptocurrencies
- What’s with the crypto valuation swings? Is this stable?
Mentioned in this episode
Resources from Second Breaks
Thank you for listening
Don’t forget to:
- Subscribe to SBP on iTunes or Google Play.
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your rating and review help me reach the people who could benefit the most from this podcast.