One of the hallmarks of the future of work is the digital transformation of even the oldest and most established companies. What’s it like to work in the digital space and more specifically, 100% online? Amy Walsh joins Lou Blaser to chat about her online work.
Highlights of Episode 63
- Amy’s take on what it’s like to work online 100% of the time and what she misses from her previous ‘in-person/in-office’ work.
- The role of social media in her work and business; how she uses social media to reach her audience
- Amy’s career as an artist and teacher; what it’s like to pursue a career based on her passion and interest
- Why she had to make a career pivot
- How she incorporated her true passions into her business and created a career path that is uniquely hers
• • •
Even if you worked for an old, established company that’s been around for ages, there’s a good chance you’ve heard, seen, or experienced shifts within your company about moving digital. I actually don’t know what industry may be immune to the march towards digital!
Digital transformation is definitely upon us. It is one of the realities of the future of work and something you want to be aware of if you haven’t yet been directly affected by it.
What is your company doing with digital? Where is your industry heading? How is your specific field of work getting affected? And if you’re looking to make a career change… where is that new career path in relation to this whole digital revolution?
Like I always say, get curious and stay curious! Being aware of what’s happening around you is one of the main ways you can avoid getting the rug pulled from under you as we navigate this fast-changing world.
My guest today, Amy Walsh, works in the digital space today and more specifically, 100% online, though she did not start her career there.
In this episode, you’ll hear her talk about what she loves about the digital working world, what made her switch from teaching in person to teaching online exclusively, and the role of social media in her work. Of course, as always, we talk about the backstory so you can hear her career journey.
Mentioned in this episode
- Find out more about Amy Walsh here
- The Prosperous Coach by Steve Chandler*
- Amy’s book recommendation: Draw Your Weapons by Sarah Sentilles*
Would Love to Hear From You!
🧡 Please leave a rating/review. Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.
💡 Share your thoughts. What did you think about the topic we talked about in this episode? DM me on Instagram and let me know!