How would you react if you were diagnosed with a chronic disease?
In August 2014, Gail Jessen was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease, a condition wherein the immune system attacks the thyroid, causing chronic fatigue, joint and muscle pain, among others.
Gail used that moment as the trigger point for a major self-reinvention, that led to her quitting her 15-year career in Higher Education and embarking on an open-ended journey, quite literally, towards the unknown.
In this episode
Gail discusses how this diagnosis showed her the path to aligning what she does for a living with her core desired feelings.
Highlights of Episode 2:
- What core desired feelings are
- How we can use those core desired feelings to set our goals
- How our bodies give us signals that our work may be misaligned with our core desired feelings
- How Gail manages to quit her job and travel—without being independently wealthy (!)
- What she defines “adventure” and how we could all be adventurous in our own ways
To learn more about Gail Jessen and follow her fantastic journey, visit her site A Series of Adventures.
My Key Takeaway
No matter how much we plan, it’s impossible to see every possibility when we’re at the beginning of our journey. So, it’s important to remain open and to trust that new opportunities and connections will appear along the way.
Mentioned in this episode
Thank you for listening
Don’t forget to:
- Subscribe to SBP on iTunes or Google Play.
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your rating and review help me reach the people who could benefit the most from this podcast.