Life events are often persuasive catalysts for career change.
Nobody wants to stagnate. And most everybody will say they’re all for improving themselves and their situation.
But the truth is not everybody is comfortable initiating change themselves. Generally speaking, people prefer things to be stable, comfortable, and consistent.
This is why we need a powerful reason to create a level of disruption in our lives intentionally.
Otherwise, if we don’t have a strong catalyst or trigger point, chances are we’re not going to make a change—no matter how unhappy we may be in our present situation or how much we want or how long we’ve been dreaming that dream career.
In this episode, Alethea Fitzpatrick, founder of Photosanity shares how becoming a new parent gave her a strong incentive to explore different possibilities—including things she’d never considered as professional avenues before—and see a path to a new career.
Highlights of Episode 10:
- Alethea’s career journey from architect to photographer to business owner
- How becoming a parent created a strong incentive for her to consider new career possibilities
- How her vision of the kind-of-mother-she-wants-to-be factors into her business and career considerations
- How being a parent can create constraints that encourage you to be more productive and creative in your career.
- The importance of financial planning when making any kind of change
To learn more about Alethea, visit her at her website: Photosanity
Mentioned in this episode
My Key Takeaway
“Starting over” in a new career doesn’t mean we begin at level 0. In fact, we take our cumulative experiences and knowledge over to our new role, which can give us the edge and the differentiating factor that we all need to stand out.
Would Love to Hear From You!
🧡 Please leave a rating/review. Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.
💡 Share your thoughts. What did you think about the topic we talked about in this episode? DM me on Instagram and let me know!