The 33rd | a Mixed Bag Edition
Each issue of Briefing Notes is theme-centered. Except when it’s the Mixed Bag edition. As this one is today!
- 21 Ways to Network Remotely in B2B. Because successful businesses rely on building long-lasting relationships with customers and industry partners. And we’re not doing in-person events!
- Care Cards. Because we can all get overwhelmed from time to time. Care Cards are your reminder to take care of yourself, one little tip at a time.
- The 10 Best Ways to Get Free and Legal Internet at Home Without Paying. Because internet access is an expensive necessity and it’s one thing we can’t cut off from these days.
- 4 countries accepting American travelers for remote work trips. Because the pandemic has made it really difficult for (aspiring) digital nomads.
- Speaking of which… Implications of Cross-border Telecommuting. Because with remote work now in vogue, you might well be tempted to … well, cross the border (if/when you can).
- Disapproval Matrix. Because, if you’re doing any kind of brave work, negative feedback is inevitable. And not all negative feedback are “haters” feedback.
- PSA: If you’re in the US, know your voter registration deadlines and mail-in ballot deadlines for your state. Don’t last minute this.
- Have you run out of American TV to watch? Here are 5 British Series to Watch. I’m a huge fan of Endeavour (on the list).
- Audio: One of my favorite podcasts, Land of the Giants, is back with a series called “The Netflix Effect” where they examine how this giant got where it is today, whether or not it can maintain its streaming supremacy. Last season was “The Rise of Amazon” and it’s a binge-worthy listen too!
- Video: Seinfeld: What “Nothing” Really Means | The Nerdwriter. Because nothing isn’t really nothing. And, there’s no Remember the Time in the Mixed Bag edition 😜
MULL IT OVER
“When you lose track of time, you are either living your best life or wasting it.” — James Clear
Have you got a project (a new podcast, a new website, a new product, service, artwork, what have you) that you would like to get featured here? Tell me about it. Let’s support each other.
🎙 Season 4 of Second Breaks is rockin’ and rollin’ this Thursday officially (you can check out the trailer here). We’re turning our lens on new roles and new opportunities that are tailor-made for the 21st century. The season showcases eight career paths, representing the tip of the iceberg with many roles within these industries to explore. It’s the perfect time to subscribe to the podcast so as not to miss one bit of the season.
So… The Mixed Bag… do I need to explain? I’ll say something anyway.
Through the course of researching (and happily going down many rabbit holes), I run into stuff I’d like to share with you. Except they don’t really align with the official themes of Briefing Notes. Et voila, The Mixed Bag edition was born (in my head).
I hope you enjoy it. This won’t be often, maybe once every 6 or so weeks. Let me know what you think!
Stay safe. Stay sane. Wear a mask.