Writing a book is a great way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your space. It can also open new doors for you. How do you begin? What do you do with your initial book idea?
Highlights of Episode 75
- Why writing a book is still a worthwhile goal even with today’s shortened attention span
- Your first steps after coming up with your initial book idea
- The different kinds of editors to help with your book
- What a book proposal is and why it’s super important to do one, even if you’re going the self-publishing route
- The strategic elements of the book writing process
• • •
Writing a book is a great way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your space. It can open new doors and even set you up for a new career path.
If the whole book writing process overwhelms you, you’re not alone. There are too many ideas left unwritten because getting it out of our heads and putting pen to paper (digital or otherwise) is hard. (And that’s coming from someone who dreams of having 15 books published under my name!)
Fortunately, there are ways to make the process simpler, if not altogether easy. And in this episode, we explore how to give birth to our book ideas.
I’m joined by Joelle Hann, who happens to be one of my mastermind sisters!
Joelle is a ghostwriter, co-writer, editor, and coach. Her work spans subjects as varied as relationships, business, personal finance, women’s health, and transformation (personal, spiritual, physical and civic). And she has book doctored many manuscripts that need major revising, restructuring and rewriting.
Subscribe to Second Breaks
or search for “second breaks” wherever you listen to podcasts.