Highlights of Episode 52:
- Why Dave Pidgeon left a “family legacy” career
- How a hobby turned into a new professional and career opportunity
- Bringing previous experiences and skills into new roles and jobs
- The best way to network in today’s digitally-connected world
- Why self-awareness becomes even more critical during a career pivot or a career change
- And a bonus: a sneak peek at the book that Dave is writing
• • •
Most of the time, I interview second breakers who are able to look back at a career move that they’ve already undertaken. But how does a career pivot look “in flight”?
In this episode, Dave Pidgeon—dad, writer, columnist, photographer—graciously shares his career journey to give us a behind-the-scenes look at his career pivot in-progress.
I live in a beautiful chaos. To me, I feel like the step that I took back in May, the verdict on that is still out. We don’t know if this has been the best right decision just yet. A lot of that is up to me and what I do. We’re still in the middle of it. —Dave Pidgeon
In addition to sharing the behind-the-scenes of his career change, Dave also shared the story behind the book that he’s currently writing. Which was such a treat for this aspiring writer 🙂
After listening to this episode, you can learn more about Dave Pidgeon here.
Mentioned in this episode
Subscribe to Second Breaks
or search for “second breaks” wherever you listen to podcasts.