Are you on your way to Burnout City? Who is most susceptible, how to catch the telltale signs and what to do about it.
Highlights of Episode 92
- How to recognize what Dara refers to as the “zombie” work-life.
- Three common misconceptions around burn out
- Being a workaholic doesn’t mean you’re heading to burnout. Conversely, burnout happens even to non-workaholics.
- How to recognize the telltale signs of burnout
- Small steps are the key to recovering from or preventing burnout
• • •
My guest today is Dara Paoletti – a certified life coach – who specializes in helping women beat burnout and get their life back.
Dara’s been there. She experienced feeling burnout herself. In this episode, she shares her own story – how she felt and why, for a long time, she thought what she was experiencing was “normal”.
Dara has spent time studying burnout and she shares some common misconceptions around this topic – including who’s most susceptible to burnout. I’ll tell you, is not who I thought it would be!
Dara’s suggestions for burnout recovery will probably surprise you – as it did me. They are small steps. So small you’d think “how is this going to help me”. But these baby steps are precisely what we need to overcome burnout.
Mentioned in this episode
- Dara’s Work-Life Uprising Podcast
- Dara’s book recommendation: The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working by Tony Schwartz*
Subscribe to Second Breaks
or search for “second breaks” wherever you listen to podcasts.