Are you eyeing a certain $ figure in the bank for retirement? Let’s talk about what retirement goals ‘really’ imply and where we could focus instead. Plus ideas for living your most fulfilled life and achieving what you want out of your career.
Highlights of Episode 60
- The problem with retirement
- The idea of ‘booking it’ and how not to postpone everything until ‘someday’
- What wealth is and isn’t
- How to view competition in the workplace
- Breaking the ‘golden shackles’ problem
- Damion’s process change that allowed him to manage his fears
Damion Lupo is a bestselling author in personal finance and money thinking, host of the Transformation Nation podcast, owner of 30+ companies and founder of his own martial art – Yokido®.
Damion outrightly rejects regret and speaks to it as the ultimate life failure. In this episode, we talk about his approach to living a full-filled life. He shares why he hates the word retirement and the problem with having it as a target goal.
We also explore what wealth is and isn’t, and how to deal with failure — something he has first-hand experience, after losing $20 million in 2008 following the housing market crash and recreating his wealth and reinventing his life over 4 transformational years.
The idea of retirement is quitting. It’s getting out of something instead of saying, “OK, what can I fall in love with? Where the idea of retirement is, “Why would I stop doing the things that I love so much?” — Damion Lupo
Mentioned in this episode
- Find out more about Damion Lupo here
- Reinvented Life by Damion Lupo*
- Failing Forward by John Maxwell*
- Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by Brian Tracy*
Subscribe to Second Breaks
or search for “second breaks” wherever you listen to podcasts.