“You can change your life from your own podcast.” – Joanna Penn
Highlights of Episode 100
- My goals for the podcast going forward. Accountability folks!
- You can change your life from your own podcast, as Joanna Penn said.
- Proof that we can do hard things, even those we never thought we’d be able to pull-off
- The seven episodes that stood out for me because these struck a chord, something clicked in me, and I changed something in my life as a result.
• • •
It’s been a little over two years ago when I launched Second Breaks in June 2017. Back then, my one concern was to get past the giant fears that had been keeping me from creating this podcast. It was, “One week at a time, Lou”. And before I knew it, we’re here with Episode 100.
I cannot tell you how happy and proud I am to be celebrating this milestone with you.
In this episode, I’m talking about two things mainly:
My goals for the podcast going forward.
You can also read about my podcast goals here. (I wrote it down for accountability!)
7 major lessons I learned from my past guests.
There’s always something I took away from each conversation and each guest. And I want to thank all my guests who have joined me in the first chapter of Second Breaks.
There are a few, however, that stood out for me, where something clicked that helped me change a habit or approach something differently in my own career and life. If you scroll down a bit, you’ll see the links to those seven episodes.
In this episode, I talk about the seven specific bits from these conversations that struck a chord and a brief excerpt of the relevant portion from the interview. So, if you want the Cliff Notes version, listen to this episode first. But if you want the full episode, the links are below.
Mentioned in this episode
- Position Yourself Strategically in Your Career Pivot, with Aenslee Tanner
- Finding New Career Paths in Unexpected Places, with Shannon Paris
- Discovering and Using Your Unique Strengths to Create a New Career, with Karyn Kelbaugh
- Creating and Managing a Portfolio Career, with Kirsten Runvik
- Using Play for Problem Solving and Strategic Planning, with Melissa Dinwiddie
- On Resilience During Times of Change and Pivots, with Tara McMullin
- Reinventing Yourself and Your Career, with Joanna Penn