So many things, so little time, right? How do we experience life as much as we can, without the “career” getting in the way?
Tim DeBellis is an aeronautics engineer, turned management consultant in the Healthcare Industry, turned coffee shop owner and operator, turned Real Estate professional.
He traces his attitude toward gathering as many life experiences as he can to his grandfather, who as a young immigrant to the U.S. without extensive education, took on so many different roles through-out his lifetime.
Instead of his career becoming a pair of handcuffs that chains him to one path, Tim uses career shifts to go with the flow, try out things, and experience different aspects of life .
Highlights of Episode 11:
- How Tim identified his passion
- Coming up with an “exit strategy,a long-term vision, and a 5-year plan
- The willingness to go back when things don’t work out the way you imagined
- Honoring commitments while taking risks
- Applying existing skills and expertise in your new field
- The importance of having a strong support system when making career moves
Life is only finite. I want to experience as many different things in life that I can fit onto my plate. —Tim DeBellis
My Key Takeaway
Tim’s view on maximizing life’s experiences really resonated with me. Life is indeed finite. Let’s get resolved to never waste too much of it, doing things we hate or those that only weaken us. Instead, let’s have the goal to always be looking out for the spaces where we can grow, be more of who we want to be, and do more of what we want out of life.
What about you? What was your takeaway from this episode?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Mentioned in this episode
To Help Out The Show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your rating and review will really help. And I read every single one.
- Subscribe to SBP on iTunes.
- Share this episode on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.