Do you have multiple interests that you’d like to pursue? Are you looking to leverage yourself and reduce your dependence on one source of income? Would you rather be involved with different projects rather than have one job/career?
More and more, we hear of careers that span across a few disciplines, skill sets, or industries even. This is more than having multiple clients, as may be the goal of a consultant or a freelancer.
Rather we’re talking about a portfolio career, where you have intentionally curated a medley of part-time roles to create a unique career for yourself.
Adrianne Machina is one example of someone who has been thriving in having a portfolio career. She is a speaker, a teacher, a marketing strategist, and a copywriter, among others. At the time we recorded this conversation, she also just started a product-based venture with a new business partner, and we get to hear the scoop in this episode.
Highlights of Episode 7:
- How Adrianne got started with a portfolio career
- How to manage time when you have multiple projects simultaneously
- How to identify which projects get on the portfolio
- What financial management is like when you have multiple sources of income
- How to deal with rejection using the fit/not-fit approach
- Where to find opportunities for business ventures and collaborative projects
- Adrianne’s advice to anyone interested in building a portfolio career
My Key Takeaway
We never really know where opportunities will come from. As Adrianne pointed out, you want to put yourself out there and be having interesting conversations. If you want to have different and wide set of opportunities, then you can’t stick with the same old same old. You can’t stay in your comfort zone.
What about you? What was your takeaway from this episode?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Mentioned in this episode
Thank you for listening
To share your thoughts about today’s topic, do leave a note in the comments section below or on Facebook.
Don’t forget to: