Why you want to listen to this episode
We’ve heard this advice before: “Start from a position of strength.” But what does this actually look like in practice? How does this play out when you’re considering a career pivot?
Instructional Designer Gregg Eiler is in the midst of an exciting career move. After some deliberation and analysis of options, he’s decided that the best option for him is to use his passion AND his strengths in course building as jumping off point for a new career direction.
In this episode, Gregg generously shares his story—including his new habits, mindset shifts, and time management techniques—so that we can see how a career pivot in motion actually looks.
As a bonus, I asked Gregg’s expert opinion on the state of online education, where it’s headed, and what a budding online instructor should consider as he ventures out in this brave new world.
Highlights of Episode 22
- The mindset shift that occured for Gregg which allowed him to see opportunities beyond his corporate career;
- How he evaluated his career path options and chose the consulting business path;
- Habits he’s adopted to manage his time effectively so he could build his consulting business with a full-time job;
- Gregg’s advice to anyone looking to leverage their skill set to start a new career;
- How patience is helping with the motivation and the long view;
- The state of online education;
- What to do if you’re thinking of becoming an online instructor.
Thank you for listening
To share your thoughts about today’s topic, do leave a note in the comments section below or on Facebook.
Don’t forget to:
- Subscribe to SBP on iTunes or Google Play.
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your rating and review help me reach the people who could benefit the most from this podcast.