How do we avoid analysis paralysis and getting stuck while on the road to our career change?
I often have conversations with people who are thinking about a change of some sort. They want to change jobs or transition into a new role but for various reasons, they haven’t been able to pull the trigger and make it happen. In short, they’re stuck somewhere between deciding and taking action.
I hear this scenario often enough that I spent some time understanding what’s really going on below the surface and to see if there’s a way to stop it from happening.
And what I gathered from observation and research and working with different people and confirmed by my own experiences as well, is that there are three stages that we go through when we make any kind of change.
Each stage is defined by a set of questions and decision points.
And it is how we respond to those questions that determine whether we are moving on to the next phase or if we are going to get stuck at the stage where we are.
Highlights of Episode 9:
- How effective processes and structures counter-balance mindset issues
- The Three Stages: P-I-E
- The key activities in each stage
- The main decision points in each stage
- Why it’s important to understand what stage you’re at
Mentioned in this episode
To Help Out The Show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your rating and review will really help. And I read every single one.
- Subscribe to SBP on iTunes.
- Share this episode on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.