There has never been a better time to make your move.
I’m bullish about your future. I think we live in extra-ordinary times. This fast-changing, global, technology-driven workplace and marketplace that we find ourselves in is brimming with opportunities to make the dent you want to make.
Technology has lowered the barriers to entry into so many industries, such that opportunities that felt like they were beyond our reach a few years ago, are now entirely possible.
Yet, many of us are stuck in jobs we hate or careers that are no longer doing us any good. Many are in a continuous “getting ready” mode. Loads are in analysis paralysis, unable to take go through the doors that this new economy has opened for us.
The truth is, change—no matter how much we want it—is hard to initiate, to navigate, to manage. It’s so much easier to just stay with the same old, same old, even if we’re suffering in it.
The way that I’ve found most effective in creating the changes we want to make is through the trifecta of Mindset, Processes, and Structure. And while Mindset is, in my opinion, the most powerful of the three, it often is the biggest stumbling block. Effective processes and structure is how we counter-balance that issue.
I’m Lou Blaser and I help professionals bring about the career changes they want to make. Through strategic use of processes and structure, I’ve helped individuals move forward with their career goals and create the future they’ve imagined.
I am passionate about this issue because, once upon a time, I was trapped in that “I’m waiting for the right time” land. It took a serious incident to shake me loose and finally pursue the kind of work I want to be doing. Today, I bring my 15+ years of business and management consulting to help individuals get unstuck from that land too.
How we can work together
Whether you’re looking to make a career change, pivot into a new role, or get re-engaged in your chosen profession, I can help you get clear on the strategies, processes, and action steps that will move you forward toward your career goals.
You’ll find details of how we can work together in SERVICES + PRODUCTS.
“Choosing to take active control of your career direction is one of the most fulfilling things you can ever do for yourself.” —Lou Blaser
My Story (so far) in 10 bullet points
- Built a successful career, 15 years of which as a business/management consultant working for one of the largest global consulting firms.
- Started feeling restless around 2007 and began to wonder if “this” was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
- Didn’t know what to do about the feelings, ignored what my gut was telling me, and just worked harder.
- Landed myself in the hospital in 2013, the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back.
- Finally allowed myself to explore other possibilities and pursue a new direction.
- Started Second Breaks in 2014.
- Rediscovered my love for writing and realized that what I want to do more than anything else, is to write books.
- Decided that 15 is the target number; revised ultimate career goal to “publish 15 books before I kick the bucket.”
- Published my first book in April 2015, my second book in September 2016. Currently working on my third.
- Expanding my work into areas I had never before imagined. Loving the experience.
Lou is my go-to coach for inspiration, helping me suss out my blocks so I can spring into action, and real talk. Really real talk. Like a close friend who wants nothing but the best for you, Lou will shake you up and show you the way.—Allison Walsh, Wildflower Uprising
Lou is one of the few people who can combine experience and deep insight with a sense of humor and personal touch. –G. Bell
Lou has been an amazing supporter and advisor throughout my career profession and evolution. What I most appreciate about Lou is her direct, ‘no sugar-coating’ advice with the sole purpose of helping you push yourself and succeed in ways you never imagined for yourself. —G. Ramirez-Elyea